Article 39. Condominiums and public works
1. The approval of designs, construction and check-and-takeover of new constructions, renovation and upgrading of condominiums, offices and technical and social infrastructure facilities must comply with national technical standards on construction in order to ensure access by persons with disabilities.
2. Condominiums, offices and public technical and social infrastructure facilities built before the effective date of this Law which fail to meet the conditions on access by persons with disabilities shall be improved and upgraded to meet these conditions according to the schedule defined in Article 40 of this Law.
Article 40. Schedules for improvement of condominiums and public works
1. By January 1, 2020, the following public works must satisfy the conditions on access by persons with disabilities:
a) Offices of the agencies:
b) Railway stations, car terminals and ports;
c) Medical examination and treatment establishments;
d) Educational and vocational training establishments;
e) Cultural, physical training and sport works.
2. By January 1, 2025, all condominiums offices, public technical infrastructures and social infrastructure facilities other than those defined in Clause 1 of this Article must satisfy the conditions on access by persons with disabilities.
3. The Government shall detail the implementation of the schedules for improvement of each type of works defined in Clauses 1 and 2 of this Article.
Article 41. Movement of persons with disabilities
1. Personal vehicles of persons with disabilities, when moving on the road, must satisfy national technical standards and be suitable to their health conditions. With regard to personal vehicles requiring driver licenses, persons with disabilities shall be trained in driving and granted driver licenses.
2. Persons with disabilities, when using means of mass transit, may use supporting facilities or rendered corresponding assistance: and carry along appropriate means or supporting facilities and be exempt from charges there for.
3. Persons with exceptionally serious disabilities and persons with serious disabilities are entitled to exemption from or reduction of fares or service charges when using certain means of mass transit under the Government's regulations.
4. Persons with disabilities are given priority in ticket purchase, assisted and arranged for convenient seats when using means of mass transit.
Article 42. Means of mass transit
1. Means of mass transit must be built with priority scats for persons with disabilities; with instruments that allow convenient mounting and dismounting or render assistance suitable to the characteristics of persons with disabilities.
2. Means of mass transit to be accessible by persons with disabilities must satisfy national technical standards on accessible transportation promulgated by competent state agencies.
3. Mass transit units shall invest in and arrange means up to technical standards on accessible transportation on transport routes according to the rates prescribed by the Government in each period.
4. Produced or imported means of mass transit satisfying national technical standards on accessible transportation are entitled to tax exemption or reduction under tax law.
Article 43. Information technology and communication
1. The State encourages agencies, organizations, enterprises and individuals operating in information technology to apply and develop information technology reserved for persons with disabilities.
2. Mass media agencies have the responsibility to cover the material and spiritual life of persons with disabilities.
Vietnam Television Station shall broadcast programs with Vietnamese subtitles and sign language for persons with disabilities according to regulations of the Minister of Information and Communications.
3. The State shall adopt policies on tax exemption and reduction, concessional loans and other supports for research into, manufacture or production of equipment, provision of services and supply of equipment to enable persons with disabilities to access information technology and communication: and support the collection, compilation and publication of documents printed in Braille for persons with visual disabilities, reading documents for persons with sensory and intellectual disabilities.