Johann Sebastian Bach : The story of the boy who sang in the streets
FACTS ABOUT SEBASTIAN BACH.
Read these facts about Sebastian Bach and try to write his story out of them, using your own words.
When your story is finished ask your mother or your teacher to read it. When you have made it as perfect as you can, copy it on pages 14, 15 and 16.
1. Full name: Johann Sebastian Bach.
2. Born 1685, died 1750.
3. As a little boy he sang in the streets, begging from door to door.
4. His father and mother died when he was ten years old.
5. He went to live with his brother.
6. He took his first position when he was seventeen.
7. He used to walk long distances to hear famous organists, one of whom was named Buxtehude.
8. He could play the organ, clavichord, violin, and other stringed instruments.
9. He wrote music for the voice (solo and chorus).
10. And for many different instruments.
11. He never met his fellow countryman, Handel.
12. Bach copied lots of music because printed music was dear in his day.
13. He was Cantor of the Thomas School for many years.
14. Once he visited Frederick the Great at Potsdam.
15. For his little son, Friedmann, he wrote a book of Little Preludes.