Article 51. Application of law
1. Persons with disabilities currently enjoying preferential policies towards people with meritorious services to the revolution or currently enjoying pensions or monthly social allowances are not entitled to the policies defined in Clause 1, Article 44 of this Law, but may enjoy the policies prescribed in this Law if the law on people with meritorious services to the revolution or the law on social insurance has not so provided for.
2. Persons with disabilities entitled to various policies on assistance to social relief beneficiaries of the same category may enjoy only one policy of highest assistance.
3. Persons with disabilities currently enjoying the regime of nurture and care at social relief centers before this Law takes effect may enjoy continued nurture and care at these social relief centers under Clause 2, Article 45 of this Law.
Article 52. Effect
1. This Law takes effect on January 1, 2011.
2. The 1998 Ordinance on Persons with Disabilities ceases to be effective on the effective date of this Law.
Article 53. Implementation detailing and guidance
This Law was passed on June 17, 2010, by the 12th National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam at its 7th session.